OGC Training Programs
Introduction to OGC Training Programs
In addition to its responsibility to investigate and prosecute ULP charges, the OGC is committed to helping parties understand their statutory rights and responsibilities so they can both avoid and settle disputes in the workplace. See 5 C.F.R. § 2423(a)(3) and (4). In this way, the OGC can help Agencies continue to provide the services the American people expect and deserve.
President Obama's Executive Order 13522, Creating Labor-Management Forums to Improve the Delivery of Government Services, also calls for training Federal Agencies on creating cooperative labor-management relationships to foster efficient government operations. To fulfill these purposes, the OGC provides a variety of education and training programs to help Agencies and labor organizations improve their labor relations, prevent potential disputes, and continue to provide quality services to the American public.
The Training Programs described on these pages (see links below) fulfill our commitment to the Federal labor-management community. Our policy is to try to meet as many requests for training as possible within the resources available. You should direct special requests for individualized training to the Regional Director for the area where the training will be held or to the OGC Headquarters Staff Assistant, Ameeran Ali, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGIONAL OFFICE TRAINING
- Class Listings, Registration and Course Materials (updated 3/31/15 -- Atlanta, Chicago and North Carolina classes added)
WEB-BASED INTERACTIVE TRAINING for FEDERAL EMPLOYEES -- Hosted on OPM's HR University -- (revised 9/9/13)
- Click on "Course Catalogue" and scroll down to find the link to "Impact of Reorganization on Bargaining Units" (8/26/13)
- Click on "Course Catalogue" and scroll down to find the link to "Statutory Exclusions from Bargaining Units" (8/26/13)
- Click on "Course Catalogue" and scroll down to find the link to "FLRA - Bargaining Over 5 U.S.C. Section 7106(b)(1) Matters"
- Click on "Course Catalogue" and scroll down to find the link to the "FLRA - Basic Statutory Training"
- Click on "Course Catalogue" and scroll down to find the link to "FLRA Office of General Counsel Training - Executive Order 13522"
- Set up an account using your Federal employee e-mail address
WEB-BASED INTERACTIVE TRAINING for NON-FEDERAL EMPLOYEES -- Hosted by VA HR Academy.
This site is temporarily unavailable. Should be back online sometime in May 2014. We will provide a link to the course when it is available.
FURLOUGHS AND COLLECTIVE BARGAINING slides (3/14/13)
Online Information Resources (9/1/12)